Before choosing your reception table linens, there are a few things that should already be set in place. You should have your venue, theme, florist, caterer, and head count officially decided when considering linens for your wedding reception.
Once these items are accounted for, it’s time to plan how you’ll decorate each table at your reception, and pick out linens. Here is a list of things to consider before making your final choice:
- Know the size (in inches) of venue tables
- Decide on linen material: cotton, silk, and burlap are a few options
- Keep in mind other decoration colors
- Consider your wedding gown color
- Compare linens side by side (napkins and tablecloth, for example)
- Know the color of your plates
- Don’t forget the color of your centerpieces
- Ask the venue to set up a mock-table before your wedding day
- Consider length of material
- Plan for chair sashes and covers
A good thing to do is to draw out a map of your table arrangements to make sure that your plan makes sense logistically. This is usually done with your venue coordinator. Some spaces appear larger than they are, while others can hold more tables than you think, so planning will save you a few headaches.
Lastly, feel free to ask for samples or swatches of fabric so that you can evaluate the actual hue, texture and material of the linen before you order it. Also, keep an eye out for venues that offer complementary linen. This is a value added item that can save you money and plenty of time!
About Roof Garden
The Roof Garden is a charming, vintage wedding venue and sophisticated corporate/private event facility located in the heart of The Strand overlooking Galveston’s Historic National Landmark District. Our elegant, signature Galveston architecture creates a warm, inviting atmosphere your guests are sure to enjoy. Learn more about our venue and view facility photos to understand the true essence of the Roof Garden.