Make your wedding invitations a statement that is uniquely you, one-of-a-kind, all the while saving valuable dollars and decreasing the investment in your wedding.
Believe it or not, it is possible to craft your wedding invitations for as little as $1 each. In fact, VistaPrint offers custom wedding stationery for as little as $.32 apiece.
There are many resources for Do-It-Yourself invitations. Handmade invitations can be really beautiful as well as original. If you are considering DIY invitations, or are interested in learning more about them, here are some tips that may assist you in this important decision.
- Make the invitations match your theme and wedding colors. The invitation sets the tone for your guests and gives them an idea of what your wedding day will be like. Your invitations should represent your vision and the atmosphere of your Big Day.
- Once you’ve defined your style, setting a budget is a good idea. Even with printing at home, the cost of ink and paper can be costly, particularly if you choose high-quality paper stock or heavily-saturated inks.
- Square invites cost more to mail, and RSVP cards double the postage costs by increasing the weight of the invitation.
- Things not to skimp on:
- A good paper trimmer
- Great print quality (check your printer manual)
- If you are using multiple layers or embellishments, quality adhesive is a must
- Determine the size and shape invitation you want. 5×7 is a good universal size for which you can easily find envelopes. Also, consider your envelopes—do you want white for a traditional feel or feel like adding Pop with envelopes to match your wedding colors?
- Embellish! Embellish! Embellish! Fabric can be used to make pretty ruffles, while a ribbon bow adds elegance (think organza). At the corners, add detail with punches. Though beads can increase postage and require a lot of patience, they are beautiful embellishments.
- Using blank cards as the base of your handmade invitations is a great way to cut some corners and turn your project into a much easier task
- If you like sparkle, bling or texture, glitter and velvet flocking might be for you!
- White ink? Not a good idea. Very few printers can actually print white ink.
- Do a print test run before printing all of your invitations.
- Do your research! But this is a good link for DIY invitations Wedding Paper Divas.
Planning a wedding is a time-consuming and stressful undertaking. If you are asking yourself when you’ll have time to research, envision, and craft your invitations, the simple answer is to get help. Draft family or friends, especially those who are good with crafts and familiar with computers and printers if you plan to print at home. Making your own invitations can be fun and give you quality time with your fiancé.
To make your wedding day more bliss and less stress, consider letting Roof Garden help. In beautiful, historic Galveston with spectacular views, Roof Garden provides all of the amenities you need. Contact us today to tour our facility or to reserve your date at (409) 762-5921 or check your date now.
About Roof Garden
The Roof Garden is a charming, vintage wedding venue and sophisticated corporate/private event facility located in the heart of The Strand overlooking Galveston’s Historic National Landmark District. Our elegant, signature Galveston architecture creates a warm, inviting atmosphere your guests are sure to enjoy. Learn more about our venue and view facility photos to understand the true essence of the Roof Garden.