You’ve planned and envisioned the Happy Day to the nth degree, but unfortunately there may be unanticipated tasks and other items on the agenda that crop up at the last moment. It’s always a good idea to meet with your fiancé, your parents or bridal party and the officiant to map out the day in final detail. This way you can catch and correct any hitches that might otherwise
cast a shadow on your perfect wedding.
Creating a last minute checklist can save a lot of heartache. You might like to add these tips to your list:
1. Before the wedding, write thank you notes as each gift is received. This relieves the pressure after the wedding and pleases the sender as well as giving them peace of mind knowing that their place setting of fine English china on your Bridal Registry was received…and very much appreciated.
2. Remember the details of your honeymoon: passports, airline tickets, hotel reservations, boarding passes for that romantic ocean cruise, etc. You know what you need. It is only a matter of organization. At this stage, a final check of details with your travel agent is advisable. Packing a week before departure is a good idea. Don’t forget to carry smaller denominations of
currency for tips.
3. Do a last check that you have purchased all accessories needed for the wedding, for instance, toasting glasses, guest book and pen, ring pillow, flower girl basket(s), cake knife and server, and wedding favors.
4. Introduce your reception coordinator to your wedding planner—if none, to a bridesmaid or Best Man for unexpected questions or problems arising during the reception.
5. Purchase gifts for your wedding attendants and wrap them ready to be distributed at the rehearsal dinner or a luncheon for your beautiful—and useful—bridesmaids. As an aside, delegate some of the responsibilities to your bridesmaids. They will be happy to help.
6. Prepare individual envelopes for wedding vendors’ payments and/or tips, entrusting the Best Man or another person you trust to distribute them for you. This way you alleviate the worry of this task on the wedding day.
7. Assemble a Wedding Day Emergency Kit that your Maid of Honor or a bridesmaid is sure to get to the ceremony and reception location for you.
Some suggestions are:
- Brush, hair spray, curling iron and dryer
- Makeup (If you’re having your makeup done, buy a matching lipstick)
- Breath mints
- Safety pins
- Mini sewing kit and matching thread
- Toothbrush and toothpaste
- Aspirin and antacid
- Eye drops
- Bobby pins
- List of important names/phone numbers
8. Don’t forget your marriage license! Some locations give a discount if you can show that you’re honeymooners, and the license may be the only proof you have.
9. Prearrange for someone to return any rentals.
10. This day is for you and the man you love. Don’t for get to pamper yourself. As well as a mani/pedi, consider a relaxing massage the day before or hit the spa with your bridesmaids.
11. Choose the place you sleep the night before carefully. Being with friends or loved ones is fun, but you need a restful night to look radiant the next day.
Finally, this is not a last minute tip, but a very important consideration. While you are involved in planning and executing your wedding, steal a romantic date with your fiancé. The stress might be off the scale, but you need to remember how much you love each other and how much you are looking forward to being married. A little quiet time together is just what the heart needs.
To make your wedding day more bliss and less stress, consider letting Roof Garden help. In beautiful, historic Galveston with spectacular views, Roof Garden provides all of the amenities you need. Contact us today to tour our facility or to reserve your date at (409) 762-5921 or check your date now.
About Roof Garden
The Roof Garden is a charming, vintage wedding venue and sophisticated corporate/private event facility located in the heart of The Strand overlooking Galveston’s Historic National Landmark District. Our elegant, signature Galveston architecture creates a warm, inviting atmosphere your guests are sure to enjoy. Learn more about our venue and view facility photos to understand the true essence of the Roof Garden.