Whether he just proposed with fragrant roses and champagne, or one wilted rose from the trunk of a car parked on a city overlook…
You are ready to start planning your wedding. All those communication skills you’ve been wondering if you, as a couple, have—now is the time to put them to the test. In your wedding plans, consider the two most important people in this marriage equation—you and your future husband. The planning phase is stressful, and you’ll need to be confident, most especially when it comes to the way you see yourself in the mirror. You will need to wake up refreshed, jump out of bed mentally and physically equipped to GO!
This is an opportune time to make your health and your reflection in the mirror the best they can be. Don’t feel as if you must grab the latest diet gone viral on social media or hasten to the gym and double your workouts. You absolutely DO NOT want to arrive at the Big Day or return from your honeymoon feeling as if you overdid it in the diet and exercise department.
- If You Don’t Snooze, You Lose. Whatever your sleep pattern—late nights/late riser, early bird—one noted sleep specialist recommends popping out of bed at the same time every day, thereby setting your bio rhythms and allowing you to fall asleep soon after you snuggle in. Make it a priority.
- Until this time, your lovely locks have been a rich deep auburn. Don’t suddenly decide to visit the hairdresser for a cut and full highlights the week before the wedding. What if it is a complete disaster? Your hair needs time to recover, and so do you. Experiments should be carefully performed (falling under the saying don’t try this at home) well in advance. Needless to say, the day before the wedding is the wrong time for a heavy conditioning treatment. Begin a conditioning and nurturing routine as soon as that engagement ring glitters on your finger. Get a trim. No amount of, and no brand of, conditioner will rid you of split ends.
- Skin like Silk. Another regimen to consider is skincare. Does that Wicked Looking Glass focus on those tiny hairlines around your eyes? Fear acne? Try Retin-A to fight fine lines and acne. This powerful formula has the extra benefit of giving you a beautiful glow. Available at drug stores or prescription strength from your dermatologist. Begin well before the celebration of your love begins, as red patches and dryness can occur. Use sunscreen or a moisturizer with SPF on a daily basis. Take your vitamins. Exfoliate, but no more than three times weekly.
- Eating healthy doesn’t necessarily mean changing your whole way of life. Lean protein sources, fruits, whole grains and starchy vegetables will keep you feeling and looking good. Now is a great time to try new foods to carry into your “ever after.” And last but not least: don’t forget to drink lots of water.
- Lovely hands. Moisturize, and keep your nails looking ring-ready with a weekly manicure, including polish.
- You will need some quiet and calming time. Meditation is a cure for much that ails brides on the run and people in general.
Make your relationship THE priority, but give each other freedom.
Spend quality time with your honey!
About Roof Garden
The Roof Garden is a charming, vintage wedding venue and sophisticated corporate/private event facility located in the heart of The Strand overlooking Galveston’s Historic National Landmark District. Our elegant, signature Galveston architecture creates a warm, inviting atmosphere your guests are sure to enjoy. Learn more about our venue and view facility photos to understand the true essence of the Roof Garden.