Color—earthy shades and bold tones like purple, green and red—can set the stage for your beautiful autumn wedding. These wedding color combos, some of which are not in your usual hues, may inspire you or give you a new idea in the planning of your wedding. Let the season guide you to a creative wedding. Welcome to the wonderful world of fall!
How can I make my invitations set the autumn theme? Laser cut tree invitations.
- Mix it up! Gold, off-white, taupe, and chocolate are a delicious combination.
- Soft and sweet! Tiffany blue, ivory, carnation pink, maroon combined with toffee. Doesn’t this combo sound good enough to eat?
- Shine! Mint, silver, umber, and royal purple. Shades of royalty.
- Citrusy! Tangerine, ivory, maroon, and cocoa. Another yummy sounding mixture that pops with color.
- Elegance! Rose, slate, white, taupe, and chocolate. Can’t you imagine these classy colors on a formal dining table at your reception?
- Different yet soft! Eggplant, lavender, white, iris, and fern. Not the traditional fall colors but a personal statement of taste.
- Bold and Beautiful! Scarlet, cantaloupe, white, silver, and mahogany. The scarlet, cantaloupe, and silver from the falling leaves; the mahogany from the trees, and wedding white.
- Zesty! Gold, canary yellow, sage, auburn, and bronze. This lovely arrangement of colors is a graceful blend indeed.
- Unexpected! Cranberry, brown, and dusty blue. Perfect for a rustic autumnal palette.
- Classy! Crimson and gold. Adorn your tables with gilt chargers and succulent dark red napkins.
Apples are a must in the reception meal if you want the very essence of fall. When planning your passed hors d’oeuvres, mini fried apple pie pockets will be a nice surprise for your guests. During cocktail hour, a hot cocktail like warm apple juice spiced with Bacardi Limon and a hint of cinnamon, or warm apple cider spiked with apple brandy, is perfect for a crisp autumn day or evening. In addition, what says fall louder than pumpkin pie? Serve mini pies served with the hors d’oeuvres or whole pies served at the reception.
Ceremony décor? Fall-inspired arch of birch and curly willow brimming with hydrangeas and berries in seasonal colors.
Want to say I do beneath the stars but fear for your guests’ comfort? An open-roofed venue with space heaters is the answer. Book this one early as there may be quite a bit of competition in reserving this type of setting. Or a serene outdoor ceremony complete with an array of autumn leaves.
Centerpieces consisting of amber candles exuding a warm glow and romantic fall mood. Crimson roses in tall, graceful vases offer a classical elegance and blends perfectly with a fall wedding. Centerpieces of red and green capture the flavor of autumn—roses, calla lilies, and fiddlehead ferns. Fill terracotta vessels with hydrangeas, calla lilies, dahlias, and orchids.
Get creative with escort cards and table numbers. For the escort cards, attach black paper to mini pumpkins and have fun by adding a jack-o-lantern to the cards. Take it a step further with mini pumpkin place cards for your guests. Another take on escort cards for a truly fall feel is to place your cards on tree branches.
Chocolate cake? Quintessential Fall! Adorn your elegant cake with fondant leaves for a rustic touch. Use paper leaves and fake fruit to embellish the autumnal cake.
As we said in an earlier post, the ideas and choices for a fall wedding are endless. We could continue ad infinitum. Theme your wedding to your personality and your partner’s personality and have loads of fun planning your colorful, falling leaves wedding.
To make your wedding day more bliss and less stress, consider letting Roof Garden help. In beautiful, historic Galveston with spectacular views, Roof Garden provides all of the amenities you need. Contact us today to tour our facility or to reserve your date at (409) 762-5921 or check your date now.
About Roof Garden
The Roof Garden is a charming, vintage wedding venue and sophisticated corporate/private event facility located in the heart of The Strand overlooking Galveston’s Historic National Landmark District. Our elegant, signature Galveston architecture creates a warm, inviting atmosphere your guests are sure to enjoy. Learn more about our venue and view facility photos to understand the true essence of the Roof Garden.