If your wedding dreams include lace, flower crowns, flowing sleeves and wildflowers—a ring in beautiful gemstones coordinated with your color palette—and wildflowers, you have arrived at the right blog for ideas on bohemian chic! Bohemian chic abounds in whimsical details, but the bride and groom look relaxed in their boho finery. The bohemian wedding was a hot trend in 2015 and shows every indication of continuing.
• Begin your gypsy-like day with themed wedding invitations. A colorful border with graphics that resemble feathers and are onboard the neon trend in fashion and on wedding runways today. Make it special with a wooden invitation. You can never go wrong with rustic lace.
• Crocheted dresses with flowery crowns? Sounds divine, doesn’t it? Or opt for snowflake-like lace for your big day. Bell sleeves automatically give you the look as do off-the-shoulder dresses. Would you like a cropped top and long skirt combo? Many of the better-known bridal shops carry boho wedding dresses and accessories.
• Deck your groom in old-fashioned velvet for a dramatic twist. Velvet in a rich merlot and you dressed in beautiful cream sounds like a true boho dream.
• Instead of bouquets, let your bridesmaids carry windcatchers.
• Think of wearing chunky jewelry (layers and layers of it) and feathers.
• For the perfect hairstyle to compliment your perfect dress, think hippie, indie chic…loosely curled hair, a headband worn across your forehead…add feathers or wildflowers to achieve that bohemian chic hairstyle. The luscious flower crown is always a good choice with its soft, colorful touch or a gorgeous floral headwrap adds drama and flare. Updos with braids, or draping braids are lovely on the boho bride. Adorn your intricate braids with flowers or a sprig of greenery. Or try a glamourous alternate accessory to make you stand out.
• What flowers do you imagine when you think of a bohemian wedding? Enhance your jewel tones and your groom’s dark velvet attire with a bouquet of black magic roses in a mixture with other lush tones. Wrap it all up in a velvet ribbon that matches your groom’s velvet suit or your ruby ring, perhaps.
• For an interesting and unique wedding photo album, Etsy offers a brown leather Tree of Life, personalized, 9×9 inch album. So right for a boho wedding!
• Your bridesmaids should carry through on the theme. Go for floaty and unstructured gowns. Long or short, drifty chiffon or delicately layered skirt is a good bet. You are not restricted with styles. It’s your choice whether the dresses are plain or detailed, short or long, but remember your bridesmaids’ figures and the season when making your selection. Why not try mismatched bridesmaids dresses?
• Shoes, the all-important comfort factor. For the free-spirited feel, you might want to opt for flats. Flower adorned sandals, pearl adorned sandals. Or pretty foot décor and barefoot!
• Naked wedding cakes shout BOHO…even when they are chocolate. Add a few flowers or shrubbery and make a statement. Want a really different cake—a tower of multi-colored macaroons.
• A wooden archway draped in flowers is to die for. Imagine that twisted sprig archway draped in drifting lace and feathers.
• If you are having a boho beach wedding, a wooden box filled with flip flips, commanding, “Kick off your shoes and dance” is a boho addition that will be remembered. Add the happy couple’s names to the rustic box.
The key is to be relaxed, comfortable and happy on your bohemian chic wedding day.
We at the Roof Garden love our Boho Brides and make every effort to allow her to relax and enjoy herself on her big day. In beautiful, historic Galveston with spectacular views, Roof Garden provides all of the amenities you need. Contact us today to tour our facility or to reserve your date at (409) 762-5921 or check your date now.
About Roof Garden
The Roof Garden is a charming, vintage wedding venue and sophisticated corporate/private event facility located in the heart of The Strand overlooking Galveston’s Historic National Landmark District. Our elegant, signature Galveston architecture creates a warm, inviting atmosphere your guests are sure to enjoy. Learn more about our venue and view facility photos to understand the true essence of the Roof Garden.