So you’re dreaming of a romantic beach wedding with the waves providing the music and Mother Nature providing the setting. A beach wedding is exotic, beautiful and can be a lot of fun to plan. Your guests will enjoy the sun and sand, and you can stroll in the surf after the ceremony. Here are a few suggestions for a memorable beach wedding:
- Seashell bouquets are original, perfect for the beach wedding, and as beautiful as flowers. What a unique expression of your own personality!
- In the alternative, consider a floral bouquet with peonies, pincushion protea, dahlias and succulents. These beautiful flowers shout tropical and enhance the theme of your never-ordinary, fresh and airy ceremony.
- Bold orange or red dresses pop against the sand. Provide the groomsmen bright ties to match.
- A sand ceremony—how ideal for a beach wedding! Guests enjoy watching the bride and groom pour sand in their wedding colors into a lovely vase or special shadow box. The ceremony is touching, and the result is a work of art to be treasured in your bright new future.
- Arrive in style by boat or horse-drawn carriage. Depart with the same pizzazz by land or by sea, carriage or ship, a good way to make lasting memories.
- To emphasize your beach theme, use wedding color ribbons to tie your wedding rings into seashells.
- A floral canopy on the beach to shelter your vows and floral decorations on pillars lining the aisle are an elegant touch.
- For night beach weddings, light the way with tropical-themed lamps along the aisle and spotlighting the very special ceremony.
- All white ceremony décor is stylish and classy. This color scheme enhances the setting of alabaster sands and sapphire waters.
- Line the aisle with starfish stuck in the sand.
- Adorn the chairs with starfish and raffia for natural beauty.
- Lead the way to the aisle with flower petal hearts.
- Write each guest’s name and table number on a sand dollar; embellish with a ribbon.
- Use bright tropical flowers as centerpieces, perhaps, blending dark blue with bright orange for a beachy, unique look.
- Go Hawaiian chic with floral bridesmaid dresses and colorful leis for the bridesmaids and groomsmen.
- Enjoy a beach-themed cake decorated with real seashells in nautical colors or a simple cake decorated with edible seashells, topped by beach chairs.
- Gauzy white tents surrounding the area are a graceful addition, giving the feel of exclusivity and privacy.
- Give each guest a classic beach towel.
- Wayfarer-style, personalized sunglasses are a playful addition to your beach wedding. They are hot, hot, hot right now, and your guests will appreciate the respite from the sun.
- Use lightweight plastic bins or luggage with wheels to transport necessities over the sand.
- If you are planning a dreamy, barefoot wedding, dress up your feet.
- Solution to sand in shoes – provide guests flip flops and a shoe-check.
- Take a walk along the beach with your new husband and/or wedding party.
- Stroll to the pier and take a spin on the Ferris wheel or painted carousel.
- Don’t be afraid to get wet – go for a swim with new hubby after you tie the knot.
- Wear sunscreen!
A beach wedding is an exotic way to exchange vows, but you need not jet off to some faraway destination. The Roof Garden in Galveston is the perfect place to hold your nautical reception. We can also help in the planning of your wedding by the waves.
To make your wedding day more bliss and less stress, consider letting Roof Garden help. In beautiful, historic Galveston with spectacular views, Roof Garden provides all of the amenities you need. Contact us today to tour our facility or to reserve your date at (409) 762-5921 or check your date now.
About Roof Garden
The Roof Garden is a charming, vintage wedding venue and sophisticated corporate/private event facility located in the heart of The Strand overlooking Galveston’s Historic National Landmark District. Our elegant, signature Galveston architecture creates a warm, inviting atmosphere your guests are sure to enjoy. Learn more about our venue and view facility photos to understand the true essence of the Roof Garden.