From cakes to décor to wedding dresses, these ideas will help make your winter wedding as dazzling as the season itself. Winter weddings are practical because of money saved and the ease of retaining vendors and venues that are not as booked at that time of the year. This is not to say don’t plan ahead! But winter nuptials can compete with spring weddings in beauty.
- Decorate the aisle chairs with ornaments and seasonal berries matching your theme for a festive look.
- Give your ceremony program a wintry feel with a pretty pinecone or ornament motif.
- Or, make your ceremony programs as crisp as winter. Try silver with a blue band, decorated with a sparkling snowflake.
- A silver wedding gown embellished to evoke images of snowflakes.
- However, this glittery season will not overpower an astounding champagne gown with a very dramatic train.
- For those outside photographs, keep warm in a fancy cape, or white mink stole (or man-made fur). A gorgeous white coat is also a perfect accessory for your wedding dress.
- An elegant and sophisticated color palette tailored for the season. Perhaps, carry a red rose bouquet to accent your colors and add a splash of color. Dress your bridesmaids in black and give them elbow length gloves (to keep them warm).
- For winter weddings, be bold with your makeup and lipstick.
- Be sure to get a must-have photo with your town’s holiday décor if your wedding coincides with that season. If your venue is decorated for the holidays, snap a shot in front of the tree for your first holiday as a married couple.
- Create your own winter wonderland! Decorate with centerpieces inspired by icicles and uplit with a frosty glow.
- An idea for reception décor is white birch branches adorned with feathers, white orchids, and crystals—icy looking and very beautiful.
- For venue decorating, project snowflakes on the wall for a crisp winter feel or project white branches onto the dance floor and mark the perimeters with decorated fir trees, also in white or silver.
- The place card table can benefit from a tray of ornaments matching your theme and color palette or simply seasonal beauties.
- As centerpieces, orchids hung from a winter-bare tree look like snowflakes.
- White vases filled with baby’s breath make for gorgeous centerpieces.
- Silver and white with crystal accents can add serious glamour and elegance. For your ceremony, wouldn’t a white velvet aisle runner trimmed with white satin ribbon be both beautiful and wintry?
- Display your table numbers on frosty silver.
- Wrap the stems of your bouquet in ribbon embellished with crystals for a glittering snowy look.
- The music–A classical pianist playing during dinner creates sophisticated ambience. As an alternative, consider a cellist and request Vivaldi’s Winter.
- Lastly, we come to the cake. A white, vintage-style cake, dusted with appetizing silver powder plays up the season perfectly. Ask your baker to adorn your wintry cake with a white sugar ribbon, adding crystal drops spilling down one side of the cake.
Winter weddings are romantic and fun. Ideas for winter weddings abound. We’re sure you have many of your own. Hopefully, this list of twenty will assist you in the big job of wedding planning.
Since the venue is one of the first things to consider, we at the Roof Garden would like to discuss your ideas for your winter wedding and make those dreams a reality.
To make your wedding day more bliss and less stress, consider letting Roof Garden help. In beautiful, historic Galveston with spectacular views, Roof Garden provides all of the amenities you need. Contact us today to tour our facility or to reserve your date at (409) 762-5921 or check your date now.
About Roof Garden
The Roof Garden is a charming, vintage wedding venue and sophisticated corporate/private event facility located in the heart of The Strand overlooking Galveston’s Historic National Landmark District. Our elegant, signature Galveston architecture creates a warm, inviting atmosphere your guests are sure to enjoy. Learn more about our venue and view facility photos to understand the true essence of the Roof Garden.