We know—and you know—that weddings require a tremendous amount of planning from decorating the venue to your wedding theme and color scheme. It’s a big undertaking! Help is available, and plentiful at that. Hopefully, the following on-line resources/planning tools will assist you in reducing the stress involved in making your wedding perfect. We’ve tried to include a few sites for different aspects of the journey to I do.
In all your planning, please keep in mind that your wedding day should be enjoyable for you and your beloved as well as memorable for your guests.
Planning your Wedding:
- The Knot— First port of call. You are probably already aware of this side, but it is loaded with useful information about most every facet of planning a wedding.
- The Official Offbeat Wedding Checklist— This site is wonderful for the bride who wants to be different, with her own personal flair, not to mention it’s a fun site to visit and surf around.
- How to Plan a Wedding: Google-Style— Get tips on using Google Reader, Docs, Notebook, and Calendar to organize! Technology is your friend. Use it to make your planning far easier.
- WeddingWindow Personal Wedding Sites— This resource offers a Guest List Manager, eCards, an email mail list manager, invitation tracker, etc. It is a paying site, but a free trial is available.
- Wedding Paper Divas— WPD is the premier site for wedding and bridal shower invitations. Take a look when planning this part of your Big Day.
- Weddingbee has useful tips on how to have great looking invitations without spending more than you’ve budgeted.
- Beach Weddings — Beach weddings can be difficult to organize, but are romantic, memorable and…sandy…BWP gives you valuable advice on the facets of a beach wedding, including beach wedding destinations and the latest trends.
- Advice from Runway Queen Vera Wang — Vera Wang tells you how to keep your poise and beauty during the big occasion. There is advice on the best gown for each body shape, accessories, gown color and wedding themes.
- Bridal Makeup Tips — Makeup is important on THE DAY. These tips from The Knot present many different styles of makeup.
- Wedding Hairstyles —This site gives you useful advice to ensure your lovely locks look their very best on the wedding day.
- StyleMePretty – A beautiful site offering a wealth of information and tips.
- Carats and Cakes – Allows you to find your vendor through the real weddings of other brides and grooms.
The number of websites devoted to brides and weddings is mind-boggling. That is because the wedding industry is Big Business. That tidbit aside, once you’ve exhausted the information digestible on the above sites, remember the internet search is one of your best friends. You may be able to trim costs, find that perfect dress, theme or color scheme on the web pages available for a simple look-see. De-stress, and let your fingers do the walking across the keyboard!
In all the chaos leading up to the Big Day, remember to take a few deep breaths when the going gets tough and take care of yourself. You and your groom are the stars of this big event.
To make your wedding day more bliss and less stress, consider letting Roof Garden help. In beautiful, historic Galveston with spectacular views, Roof Garden provides all of the amenities you need. Contact us today to tour our facility or to reserve your date at (409) 762-5921 or check your date now.
About Roof Garden
The Roof Garden is a charming, vintage wedding venue and sophisticated corporate/private event facility located in the heart of The Strand overlooking Galveston’s Historic National Landmark District. Our elegant, signature Galveston architecture creates a warm, inviting atmosphere your guests are sure to enjoy. Learn more about our venue and view facility photos to understand the true essence of the Roof Garden.